THE OLD AMBO GALLERY
The Old Ambulance Station is a volunteer run multi-arts facility run by a volunteer committee and supported by a wonderful group pf volunteers. The team actively work to provide an annual changing exhibition program.
The Old Ambo Gallery includes a large and small exhibition space.
These galleries provide an affordable space for emerging and established artists, creatives, groups and collectives to exhibit and showcase their work in a professional environment with 50 running metres of wall space with industry standard hanging system installed.
- Exhibitions are typically scheduled for a four week period, running to a calendar month;
- Exhibition opening are typically Friday 6pm or Saturday afternoon
- The Old Ambo will support the supervision of the exhibitions. At times assistance maybe needed by the artist/s for artists;
- Shows to come down by midday Tuesday of the ‘bump-out’ week;
- A 20% commission applies to the retail price on all work sold during the exhibition.
POINTS TO CONSIDER
- Good planning is important!
- Exhibiting artist are required to have all works ready for display ( this includes fitting d-rings to all 2D artworks and the supply of any technology requirements);
- Exhibitors are responsible for the transport of their own work to and from the exhibition space;
- Artists are responsible for all insurance of their work. (Whilst the Old Ambulance Station volunteers take care with artworks supplied, they take no responsibility for theft or damage of the works whilst in their possession).
The exhibition space is fitted out with gallery hanging systems and fixed lighting. Successful applicants are welcome to supply their own equipment, as long as any electrical appliances are tested and tagged by a qualified electrician.
1: HOW TO APPLY
The Exhibition Application Form is used to guide the development of your exhibition and accompanying events. It is essential that all material requested on the application form be included.
To request the form contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
or download the form using this link:
Please ensure :
- Your application is typed clearly or hand written using only the application form and includes requested attachments;
- Support material is clearly marked and corresponds to the items listed on the application;
- Examples of your previous work are included;
- Images supplied are of a high resolution JPEG format; and
- Links to relevant website/s and blog/s are included.
2: COMPLETED APPLICATIONS
Submit your application to:
Email to : email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed according to the availability of the exhibition space and the viability of the artwork.
A representative for The Old Ambo team will contact you to discuss your application
3: SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
On notification of your acceptance, The Old Ambulance Station send you a Letter of Confirmation detailing the arrangements.
Individual space hire:
- Gallery 1 : $240 (GST included)
- Gallery 2 : $440 (GST included)
Group Show package :
- Gallery 1 + Gallery 2: $600 (GST included)
Marketing: The Old Ambo will promote your exhibition online (only) via the website, Facebook and eNewsletter. Please supply the promotional material (exhibition description and lead image with credits) to Ian McKenzie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional fees apply for curatorial, audio visual and installation assistance; catering/ serving; after hours access; and cleaning. Please discuss your requirements well in advance of the event, contact Ian McKenzie - email@example.com
The Hire Fee payment need to be made prior to the exhibition. For payment please contact the Treasure, Susana Waldron - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact the Old Ambo exhibition team: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE —
The Terms and Conditions of Venue Use are to be read by the potential hirer, whose responsibility it is to ensure that the terms and conditions are made known to their relevant organisation representatives and adhered to by all visitors to the venue associated with their event.
Please ensure that a statement of compliance is made after reading the Terms and Conditions. This can be done by signing the relevant section of the Application Form for your event.