ACCLAIMED THEATRE DIRECTOR, designer, producer, scholar and acting teacher Michael Beh will conduct two masterclass workshops at the Black Box Theatre on 10th and 30th of November.
MASTERCLASS 1: PRESENCE, PERSONAL POWER AND THE ACTOR’S CHOICE
When: Sunday 10 November from 10.30am to 4.30pm
In this workshop:
- Become the best actor that you can be. Apply these skills to other elements of your daily life.
- Explore breath, rhythm, movement and voicing to create multi-dimensional, mythologised character.
- Be introduced to the concept of ‘isness’ as you enhance your personal presence as an actor and the presence of your character.
- Introduction to neutral mask work. Perform to the power of the angel.
- Explore monologue, audition preparation and scene work in this workshop designed to empower the actor and magnify the character in performance.
- Please bring a known monologue to this workshop with 2 paper copies for use.
MASTERCLASS 2: THE ACTOR AND THE AESTHETICS OF ACTION
When: Saturday 30 November from 10.30am to 4.30pm
In this workshop:
- Develop skills that will empower your craftsmanship as a professional artist. Learn how to interpret script to empower the manifestation of real truth in performance.
- Explore how to activate playing psycho-physical actions.
Both highly practical masterclasses draw on the performance theories of the great Russian artists - Konstantin Stanislavsky, Evgheny Vakhtangov and Michael Chekhov.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN THESE MASTERCLASSES?
- Masterclasses are designed for actors 18+.
- Emerging artists are very welcome to attend.
- No prior knowledge of their work is required to participate.
- The work explored in this Masterclass Series is suitable for acting for stage, television or film.
GETTING THE BEST OUT OF THE MASTERCLASSES
- Each Masterclass runs from 10.30 am – 4.30 pm.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can easily move in. Also bring water to maintain hydration plus a pencil, eraser and notebook.
- There will be a lunch break of approximately 45 minutes.
TO BOOK THE MASTERCLASSES
Book at http://www.curators.com.au/arc
Or contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0430 246 353
ABOUT MICHAEL BEH
Michael is the company founder and Producing Director of The Curators, Brisbane’s bold, new, independent theatre where he recently directed the critically acclaimed adaptation of Ibsen’s GHOSTS.
He also is the principal teacher of the ARC Actor Training Program in Brisbane which has just announced the commencement of its vibrant, new ARC Professional Training Ensemble Program.
This year, Michael was the adjudicator of the Sunshine Coast Theatre Festival and Norfolk Island Play Festival.
He is a Fulbright Fellow who trained with Adolf Shapiro from the Moscow Arts Theatre School at Carnegie Melon University, USA. He has studied with an array of the finest acting teachers in the world including Mladen Kiselov, Mike Alfreds, Augusto Boal, Diane Cilento, Anne Bogart, Frank Theatre and Larry Moss.
Michael has previously worked with Queensland Theatre, La Boite Theatre, Brisbane Festival, Anywhere Theatre Festival, heartBeast Theatre, City Theatre and Gyre Theatre and has directed over 55 plays.
He has also taught in the Drama Departments at Carnegie Melon University and QUT.
Michael has dedicated his professional career to the development of emerging actors with many of his students gaining entry to the conservatoire acting programs at NIDA,VCA, WAAPA, QUT, NYU, Cal Tech, Rose Bruford, RADA and Central School (London).