THE OLD AMBO GALLERY
The Old Ambo Gallery includes multiple exhibition spaces, an artist workshop area, stage and performance space and a gallery shop.
The gallery provides a space for emerging artists, creatives, groups and collectives to exhibit and showcase their work in a professional environment with over 100 metres of industry standard hanging system installed.
- Exhibitions are scheduled for a fortnight beginning with set up on a Wednesday;
- Opening receptions Friday 6pm to late;
- Exhibitions are for artists to self-manage the space;
- Shows to come down by midday Tuesday of the final week;
- A 20% commission applies to all work sold as part of exhibitions.
- Successful applicants will be required to have all works ready for display (d-rings, wire, plinths, shelves etc);
- Exhibitors are responsible for the transport of their own work to and from the exhibition space;
- Artists are responsible for all insurance of their work. (Whilst the Old Ambulance Station volunteers take care with artworks supplied, they take no responsibility for theft or damage of the works whilst in their possession).
The exhibition space is fitted out with gallery hanging systems and fixed lighting. Successful applicants are welcome to supply their own equipment, as long as any electrical appliances are tested and tagged by a qualified electrician.
1: HOW TO APPLY
Please email email@example.com to request a booking application form.
It is essential that all material requested on the application form be included
Please ensure :
- Your application is typed clearly or hand written using only the application form and includes requested attachments;
- Support material is clearly marked and corresponds to the items listed on the application;
- Examples of your previous work are included;
- Images supplied are of a high resolution JPEG format;
- Video supplied is no longer than 5 mins;
- Links to relevant website/s and blog/s are included.
2: COMPLETED APPLICATIONS
There are several ways you can submit your application :
Post to: PO Box 1338, Nambour Qld, 4560. Hand deliver during business hours via the Old Ambulance Station at 80 Howard Street Nambour. (Please include self-addressed envelope if you wish for your material to be sent back)
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed according to the availability of the exhibition space and the viability of the artwork.
3: SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
On notification of your acceptance, The Old Ambulance Station will enter into a contractual arrangement with individuals/groups detailing the terms set out in these documents.
Individual space hire:
- Gallery 1 : $240
- Gallery 2 : $440
- Workshop Space (W/S) : $220
Group Show package :
- Gallery 1 + Gallery 2 + (W/S) : $600
- Gallery 1 + Gallery 2 + (W/S) : $880
All spaces are inclusive of GST
Additional hourly rates apply for curatorial assistance and AV requirements
Included in these prices (BSpace exempt)
- Email/ Posts out to mailing list
- Extensive online promotion
- Licensed bar (cash) on opening night
There is also a limited number of The Old Ambulance Station sponsored exhibition spots and partnership projects.
Please email for an application form/gallery terms and conditions
PLEASE NOTE —
The Terms and Conditions of Venue Use are to be read by the potential hirer, whose responsibility it is to ensure that the terms and conditions are made known to their relevant organisation representatives and adhered to by all visitors to the venue associated with their event.
Please ensure that a statement of compliance is made after reading the Terms and Conditions. This can be done by signing the relevant section of the Application Form for your event.